The Awards Ceremony for the 2016 Scottish Borders Business Excellence Awards is to take place on Friday 11th November 2016 at the BUAS Main Hall, Springwood Park, Kelso TD5 8LS commencing at 12.30 for lunch. The Chamber is delighted to announce that our Guest Speaker and Presenter of the Awards will be Councillor Stuart Bell, BSC Executive Member for Economic Development. He will be ably assisted by Ms Fiona Armstrong who will be our “compere” throughout the ceremony.
This year has seen a record number of awards applications, in fact 56 over the 9 categories on offer. These categories are as follows:
1. Food Producer of the Year – sponsored by Bruce Stevenson Insurance Brokers
2. Entrepreneur of the Year – Under 35 years of age – sponsored by Davidson Chalmers
3. Tourism Business of the year – sponsored by Scottish Borders Area Tourism Partnership
4. Healthcare And Well-being Award
5. Best Business for High Growth and Innovation – sponsored by Borders Business Gateway
6. Retail Business of the Year – sponsored by Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce
7. Most Innovative Business with under 5 employees – sponsored by BCCA (Borders Chartered Certified Accountants)
8. Exporter of the Year – sponsorted by Scottish Borders Exporters Association
9. Best Social Enterprise Company of the Year – sponsored by Scottish Borders Social Chamber
The Chamber is also indebted to SP Energy Networks for their support they are giving to these awards.
Business Awards Ceremony Bookings
Last Year’s Awards Ceremony, also held at Springwood Park, Kelso was a tremendous success and opened our eyes to the plethora of quality, innovation and ambition we have within our business community in the Borders. Some of the “atmosphere” of the 2015 ceremony can be gleaned from the pictures of last year’s winners.
Bookings for the 2016 Awards Ceremony are now being taken at a cost of only £38 per person (£342 for a table of 9) and the booking form can be downloaded from here. Please also let us know of any dietary requirements.
The Awards Ceremony itself will follow a two course lunch (supplied by Orde Catering) with wine and soft drinks (courtesy of the Tontine Hotel, Peebles). The ceremony is likely to end at about 4pm.