Celebration of Business Success held at Cardrona Hotel
The Scottish Borders Business Excellence Awards was held recently, presided over for the first time by the organisation’s new Chairperson, Moira Wilson.
Many of the region’s businesses gathered at the Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, joined by representatives from community groups, charities, sponsors and Chamber board members.
The flagship event, sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland and organised by the Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce for the fifth successive year, aims to promote and celebrate the best of Borders business, championing the diversity and achievement of those who operate within the region.
Moira said: “ The Business Excellence Awards continue to go from strength to strength every year and the Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce are very proud to be associated with them.”
With ten categories including Micro Business of the Year and Community Impact, the judging panel commented that the calibre of entry this year was exceptionally high, making their job all the more challenging.
Moira continued: “We have such a diverse range of outstanding businesses in the Scottish Borders, and this is very evident from the category winners. Through their determination and dedication, these businesses are pivotal in making the Scottish Borders a great place to live, work, learn and play.”
In closing, Moira added: “To all the winners, enjoy your year in the spotlight!”
Categories, sponsors and winners:
- Tourism & Hospitality Business of the Year Award: Sponsored by Bruce Stevenson Insurance Brokers
Winner: The Allanton Inn
- Agricultural Business of the Year Award: Sponsored by NFU Mutual Borders
Winner: R Mitchell & Son
- High Growth/Turnover Award: Sponsored by Douglas Homes & Co
- Innovation in Business Award: Sponsored by Scottish Borders Council
- Social Enterprise of the Year Award: Sponsored byScottish Borders Social Enterprise Chamber
Winner: The Eildon Housing Group
- Supporting Young Workforce Award: Sponsored byDeveloping the Young Workforce Borders
Winners: Douglas Home & Co and The Eildon Housing Group
- Manufacturer of the Year Award: Sponsored byReiver Recruitment
Winner: Hutton Stone
- Community Impact Award : Sponsored byLive Borders:
- Micro Business of the Year Award: Sponsored byNS 24 Ltd:
- SME of the Year Award: Sponsored byBusiness Gateway Borders:
Winner: GB Technologies Ltd (no photo available)