THE SCOTTISH CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE NETWORK consists of 26 individual Chambers (which includes the Scottish Borders Chamber), employs 138 staff and represents over 50% of all private sector jobs in Scotland – and 85% of businesses with less than 50 employees.
JOINING YOUR LOCAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – Join the Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce today.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Business Networking Events planned for Border Towns throughout the year
- Business Mentoring Scheme, an opportunity to link with an experienced Mentor
- Business Events Programme
- Links to Business Gateway Training & Staff Development opportunities
- GET BACK IN BENEFITS WHAT YOU ARE PAYING UP FRONT!
- Promoting your business & Trade with other Borders based and neighbouring Chamber businesses
- Member 2 member offers
- Research & Policy bulletins
- Chamber News Magazines
- General Business news & reviews. Media & press releases.
- Be part of the Chamber of Commerce network and be active at the heart of the local business community
- Sponsorship Opportunities running your own Business Events
- Joint Networking Events with the larger Chambers. e.g. Mid and East Lothian, West Lothian or Dumfries & Galloway – there are 26 Chambers in Scotland!
- Be part of the Scottish Chamber Policy team taking up larger business issues. e.g. Borders Rail, Forth Bridge Crossing, Procurement bill, Connectivity are business issues recently & currently being led by Scottish Chamber.
The Affinity deals offered by the Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce are currently being finalised but are likely to include affinity deals negotiated by the Scottish Chamber in addition to those negotiated directly between the Scottish Borders Chamber and selected bodies. To date these include:
POLICY & LOBBYING
One of the prime purposes of Chamber is to lobby local and national Government at all levels on issues likely to impact key decision makers. Regular meetings now taking place to ensure the voice of membership is clearly heard.
Harnessing Private sector business issues in the Scottish Borders and presenting these to Local Council, Local MSPs, MPs and MEPs.