- Jack Clark Jack spent his entire working life with John Swan and Sons PLC , Livestock Auctioneers in the Scottish Borders and North Northumberland, anemployment which spanned over48 years during which he served 20 years as Managing Director. Jack retired from John Swan in 2013 and was appointed Chairman of Scottish Borders Chamber of Commerce that year. His field of expertise is naturally agriculture and rural affairs, however, by his own admission, since joining Chamber he has acquired a wider appreciation of the involvement of all sectors of the Borders economy which contribute to making our region one of the best in which to work. Jack continues to be a Fellow of the Institute of Auctioneers and Appraisers in Scotland.
- Derek Hall Sector Finance and Agriculture
Director Business Banking RBS, responsible for the lending and customer service to SME businesses in the Borders. I want to help SBCC develop to reach more businesses in the Borders
- Phone: 079186 51086
- Bruce Simpson is the Chamber’s Vice Chairman and Communications Director. He has been in the tourism industry for over 45 years in both the public and private sectors. He started his working career with the old HIDB in Inverness, was Research and Development Manager of the old Southern Tourist Board in Southampton and, for ten years, the Director of Tourism in Fort William and Lochaber. He is now a tourism consultant working both domestically and overseas and was Managing Director of tourism publications and marketing company for for ten years with One North East being a major client.
- Roseanne Bennett is the Chamber’s Finance Director. Roseanne is a Partner in the local firm of Chartered Accountants, Greaves West & Ayre. Many of her clients are owner managed businesses and start-ups across a wide variety of industry sectors.
- Gordon Innes is a co-owner of the Tontine Hotel in Peebles. He studied Hotel Management at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, before embarking on a graduate training scheme with Thistle Hotels in Dundee and Manchester. Gordon held a number of General Manager roles with Queens Moat Houses, including The Drury Lane Hotel and The Sloane Square Hotel, before managing Hotels for The Intercontinental Group, Crowne Plaza Reading & latterly, Crowne Plaza London Kensington.
- Raymond Kerr is the Chief Commercial Officer and Co-Founder Qube Holdings Ltd., Galashiels. Educated within the Scottish Borders, he has a 21 year background in the Scottish Borders Electronics Industry. He is now part of the team building an enterprise which has national reach and influence employing hundreds of people throughout the UK. He has a passion for the Borders and recognises that we have unique opportunity right now to enhance our areas area’s reputation for its skills, landscape and flexibility through providing the infrastructure to support a stable Borders wide economy. “I see SBCC as the conduit to lay down the seeds to allow our area to flourish.”
- Carla How has practiced as a Chiropractor for nearly 30 years and runs Scotia Chiropractic Ltd with clinics in St Boswells, Peebles and Wooler. Highly respected in her field, she is currently involved at International level, serving on various international sports councils and commissions. She is passionate about enabling all to receive the healthcare they require and to this end has worked as President of the Scottish Chiropractic Association, Member of the Chiropractic Registration Steering group, Member of the GCC, Member of the College of Chiropractors Steering group and its Court of Electors. “I hope with my time on the SBCC I can improve communication between healthcare providers in the Borders”.